Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Chartered Marketer Status
In order to ensure that you maintain your marketing effectiveness and development all our Charetered Institute of Marketing (CIM) students are encouraged to register for the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme.
You can earn CPD hours through Cambridge Professional Academy from the studies and activities we offer as shown below.
Chartered Marketer Status
Those who have completed the Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing – Stage 1 are also entitled to progress towards becoming a Chartered Marketer, an achievement that recognises your ongoing dedication to improving your knowledge and professional excellence. To gain Chartered Marketer status you must:
- complete the Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing – Stage 1 (or Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing).
- complete, record and submit the 35 CPD hours per year for at least two consecutive years (1st July - 30th June) through a variety of studies and activities.
- hold either Member (MCIM) or Fellow (FCIM) membership grade.
CPD studies and activities we offer
There are ten different categories in which you can earn CPD hours and Cambridge Professional Academy can help you earn them through the variety of courses and activities shown below.
1. Qualification studies
All of the qualifications below are eligible for earning you 35 hours towards your CPD.
- Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing - Stage 2
- Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing (Level 6)
- Diploma in Professional Marketing (Level 6)
- Diploma in Digital Marketing (worth 35 hours)
- Diploma in Marketing Communications (worth 35 hours)
2. Conferences and exhibitions
Professional Academy attends and exhibits at many CIM events that can earn you CPD hours. Recent events have included:
- CIM Cambridge - CIM Digital Marketing Conference (worth 6 hours)
3. Private study
In addition to your study reading, we encourage all our students to do private study and reading to expand your knowledge and performance. We are continually developing a range of resources which are accessible through the online members area, and we will keep you updated when additional resources are added.
For further information about how Professional Academy can help you achieve Chartered Marketer status or gain CPD hours please contact us.
You can register for the CPD programme and find further information on eligible activities on the CIM website.