To gain the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing, a pass in both mandatory modules plus one elective module is required. However, each module can be taken as a standalone module to gain a module award.
For many organisations digital marketing has evolved from a set of tactical actions into a significant element of strategy. This unit will provide you with an in-depth consideration of digital marketing capabilities that can be embedded within strategic marketing planning.
Aims of the module
This module provides insight into how organisations can implement digital marketing capabilities into strategic marketing planning. It outlines how an understanding and analysis of the macro- and micro-environments can enable organisations to assess the impact of the disruptive digital landscape in delivering objectives, in order to develop strategic recommendations. It provides recognition of how creating digital marketing mixes can enable organisations to respond with agility to market needs. It examines how the management of digital channels and the application of key digital measures help to achieve business objectives.
This module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of portfolio.
Assessment: Digital Portfolio
The assessment will require submission of a three-part portfolio comprising of 3 elements:
Overarching learning outcomes
The weighting of learning outcome, as part of the overall assessment, is indicated in brackets.
By the end of this module students should be able to:
- Understand the strategic implications of the disruptive digital environment (10%).
- Generate relevant insights into key emerging themes within the digital marketing environment (20%).
- Develop strategic recommendations in response to the need to acquire, convert and retain customers (20%).
- Deliver an agile response to changing customer behaviours (20%).
- Know how to manage and optimise key channels and content within a digitally enhanced strategic plan (20%).
- Apply key digital measures to analyse social, sentiment, search and site behaviour (10%).