As a marketer, it is important to understand a number of key concepts and be able to apply them to your business environment. This module will give you a grounding in a number of core principles.
AIMS OF THE MODULE
This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. It also gives you a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations and explores the factors that influence consumer behaviour. You will identify key components of the marketing environment and develop an appreciation of how to collect and use relevant information. The module outlines the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and shows you how they are applied in context.
Three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria (weighting indicated in brackets).
By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Discovering marketing
• Describe the role and function of marketing within organisations (15%).
• Explain the factors that influence consumer behaviour (15%).
Unit 2: The marketing environment
• Identify the key components of the marketing environment (20%).
• Know how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment (15%).
Unit 3: The marketing mix
• Describe the concept and elements of the marketing mix (20%).
• Know how the marketing mix is applied in different contextual settings (15%).