To gain the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing, a pass in both mandatory modules plus one elective module is required. However, each module can be taken as a standalone module to gain a module award.
Fast-moving environments can present significant challenges and opportunities to the marketer and the organisation. This unit will enable you to take a visionary approach and embed innovation through the lens of entrepreneurial marketing.
AIMS OF THE MODULE
This module outlines the importance of how taking a visionary approach, and embedding innovation, can help organisations deal with the challenges of a fast-moving marketplace. It focuses on how an understanding of the relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship can enable organisations to deliver compelling marketing solutions. It presents the key factors in building and nurturing innovation throughout the organisation and within the marketing function. It provides an appreciation of the role of internal marketing in supporting a culture of innovation and in implementing change programmes.
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment.
ASSESSMENT: WORK-BASED ASSIGNMENT
The assessment will require submission of a 12page assignment based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice. The assignment is broken down into three tasks.
OVERARCHING LEARNING OUTCOMES
The weighting of learning outcome, as part of the overall assessment, is indicated in brackets.
By the end of this module students should be able to:
Unit 1: Entrepreneurial marketing
- Understand the relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship (15%).
- Implement an entrepreneurial response to change and to delivering marketing solutions (15%).
Unit 2: Innovation
- Understand the key factors that facilitate and nurture innovation in organisations (15%).
- Apply principles of innovation throughout the marketing function (15%).
Unit 3: The marketing champion
- Understand the role of internal marketing (20%).
- Implement marketing-led organisational change (20%).