To gain the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing, a pass in both mandatory modules plus one elective module is required. However, each module can be taken as a standalone module to gain a module award.
Digital marketing is a constantly evolving and increasingly important discipline within modern marketing. This unit will enable you to build essential skills in order to identify, integrate and monitor effective digital tactics to deliver enhanced marketing activities.
Aims of the Module
This module is about appreciating the importance of the ever-evolving, dynamic digital landscape and understanding how to develop skills to improve digital marketing effectiveness. It provides awareness of the nature of the challenges and opportunities within the digital environment and outlines the skills and tools required to support and enhance marketing activities. It identifies the importance of effective digital monitoring and measurement techniques that enable organisations to improve digital marketing effectiveness performance.
This module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of portfolio.
Assessment: Digital Portfolio
The assessment will require submission of a work-based portfolio which is broken down into three tasks
Overarching Learning Outcomes
The weighting of learning outcome, as part of the overall assessment, is indicated in brackets.
By the end of this module students should be able to:
The digital landscape
- Understand the opportunities and challenges presented through the disruptive digital environment (15%).
- Assess the impact and influence of the dynamic digital environment (15%).
- Know how key digital tools can support and enhance marketing (20%).
- Understand the relevance of digital platforms and channels in context (20%).
Digital in action
- Develop digital activities to support and enhance multichannel marketing (15%).
- Apply the key principles involved in monitoring and measuring digital marketing effectiveness (15%).